Why Start with Network Medical instead of Santa Barbara Planned Parenthood?
- Verify pregnancy at no cost: Your positive pregnancy test doesn’t mean you are pregnant, because one in five pregnancies end naturally1. The test responds to a hormone released during pregnancy called HCG. HCG levels may still be high, but you may no longer have a viable (living) pregnancy. Ultrasound is the earliest way of confirming you are actually pregnant. Network Medical provides ultrasound – at no cost. Santa Barbara Planned Parenthood charges a fee and only provides an ultrasound if you commit to an abortion.
- Learn how far along you are at no cost: How far along you are determines the type and cost of the abortion procedure you may be eligible to receive. Ultrasound provides gestational age – at no cost to you. If you want to, you can confirm this by seeing the ultrasound. To our knowledge, Santa Barbara Planned Parenthood denies you this and there is a cost to you.
- STD’s: protect your future reproductive health at no cost: Because abortion is invasive (even using RU486 abortion pills), you should consider your future reproductive health. An STD can be transferred through your cervix (which opens with any abortion) into your uterus.2 If this happens, it could cause PID (Pelvic Inflammatory Disease), which is painful and could cause infertility at its worst. At Network Medical, we test for and treat the two most common, treatable STD’s – at no cost to you. To our knowledge, Santa Barbara Planned Parenthood may not offer this service before your abortion, and they charge a LOT.
- Save money: Santa Barbara Planned Parenthood charges money for services. Though they may use a sliding scale based on your income, you will have to pay cash, use a credit card, insurance or apply for Medi-Cal.
Network Medical is free and confidential for everyone, no matter what your circumstances. We assist you with accurate medical information and important facts so you can make an informed decision. Because we do not perform or refer for abortion or adoption or make money from any choice, there is no pressure – we inform, YOU decide.
Network Medical is your trusted choice before Santa Barbara Planned Parenthood if you are considering an abortion. Free is affordable and knowledge is power, so it makes sense.
Network Medical provides all services at no cost to you.
1. Incidence of early loss of pregnancy. N Engl J Med; 319:89-94. Wilcox AJ, Weinberg CR, O’Connor JF, Baird DD, Schlatterer JP, Canfield RD (1988)